- November 20, 2010
A quick note to tell you how great the Japan tour was. We covered an amazing amount of ground, rode a lot of wonderful trains, streetcars, etc. Many , many photo-ops. A very , very good tour. I liked the early morning starts. I didn't come all the way to Japan to sleep. Jun was expert in trains. He knew the system and exploited it. John, as always, was a wonderful leader.
- June 4, 2010
To: Debbie & Chris
I wanted to send a warm and extreme thank you for everything you did to make the 2010 Pacific Coast Dome South trip a very memorable time for my friends, family and I. You went beyond what I expected to make my parents 40th Wedding Anniversary very very special and thank you again. I have always enjoyed booking trips with you as this was year three and I plan on making some sort of trip with you again next year (hopefully somewhere in a dome car). We had a great vacation and it was that much more special with your efforts. Thanks again!
- April 23, 2010
Greg Currivan and I just returned from Australia, and I must tell you that was truly an outstanding rail tour. Our guide Les Tindall was extremely knowledgeable in Australian railroad lore. He had our itinerary and great photo locations down pat, and last but not least did his utmost in assisting our friends from the UK in securing additional room reservations during the Iceland volcano crisis. It was a wonderful introduction to Australia and it makes me want to go back soon. Thank you.
- October 26, 2008
Just a couple of words about the Switzerland Tour.
This was one of the best tours I have been on to date. It was well organized and supported by a real cast of characters. John was a great tour guide and handled the few problems easily and without a problem. It was a pleasure to travel with him. He had a group of mainly "daisy pickers" and a few well traveled rail fans. The group seemed to get along well during the whole trip. The baggage arrangement was a very sound idea and insured that the group was going to have a good time during the day. If the bags were not in the room they were in the hotel lobby waiting for us, and, morning pickup was always smooth. Not having to deal with bags during the day was one of the keys to the success of the trip. If we had to handle our own bags the trip would have had many problems. There were only a couple of people who had mobility problems but the way things were organized everything went well.
I can't say enough about the hospitality of Peter Berger (and his lovely wife), Theo who made sure the early steam and trolley tours went well, and the amiable assistance of Bryan Stone during the day out of Pre-Petitjean. The man who owns the hotel in Luzern, who helped set up a great deal of the trip did a fantastic job.
The size of the group was just right. Any more and the two nights at Pre-Petitjean might not have been very comfortable. The hotel was fine, it was just small. The proprietors did everything possible to make us all comfortable. The two steam engines made any discomfort disappear.
There were no real problems except for time. I wish we could have had more time at the Jungfrau, and an earlier arrival or later departure at Zermatt. At the Jungfrau there just wasn't enough time to take it all in and a little more time to at least walk around Zermatt would have been nice.I think we did somewhere around 80 different train segments during the tour. All in all, I would count the trip as a very good success.
- October 6, 2008
Swiss precision is amazing! All trains on time, all amazing for one reason or another-a
fantastic trip!!. Great itinerary, Peter and Theo indispensable. Swiss rail took very good
care of us. Highly recommend this trip!!!
- Hi John
We just wanted to let you know how much we enjoyed our trip with you. We will keep good memories
of the whole trip, but the outstanding features for us were the narrow-gauge steam and the hotel at
Pre-Petitjean. Thanks again, and best wishes for your Japan trip!
Bev & Read Whatmough
- DOMES TO RAILROAD DAYS
FEATHER RIVER CANYON DETOUR
August 31, 2008
Thank you so much Chris for sending me all those GREAT PHOTOS!!!. It was the best trip I have been on, from the begining to the end. I felt like royalty. I will remembere it forever. I really enjoyed all the spectacular views and sights from the train, but I was axious to see the Train from the FOAMERS view. That was also exciting when the Foamers were on the Chase!!. Once again, Thank you so much and I am glad that you also had a good time.
- AUGUST 20, 2008
I would like to report that we enjoyed very much the Bolivia-Chile-Peru
trip which just finished. As you may recall, we had to cancel it in
2005. Though sorry to miss Potosi, Sucre and Villazon we were
especially happy with the additional offerings in Peru, including the
day at Macchu Picchu and the trip there from Cusco.
We would especially like to commend Dale and Miryam Brown for cheerfully
and attentively looking after the needs and wishes of a very diverse
group of customers and for organizing the days in an effective and
enjoyable way. Dale was always generous in sharing with us his great
knowledge of South American railways and political history and Miryam
her knowledge of not only the railways but the culture in general. She
dealt with our specific problems (baggage arriving in Lima after we had
already departed for Huancayo and Yuko's initial problem, until she
adapted, with Soroche) with great kindness and efficiency. I hope we
will have the opportunity to do further TUT trips with them.
Meanwhile, we are watching for details of Ecaudor/Galapagos 2009.
With best regards,
- May 27, 2008
Hi folks at TUT:
Just wanted to tell you what a great trip Arizona Rails 2008 was. You folks put on a wonderful show. Everyone worked hard and it was up to our expectations and everything regarding this trip was
excellent. We really enjoyed every mintue of your tour and want to tell you folks to keep up the good work, as we will be back.
Charles & Karen
- March 4, 2008
SNOW FLAKE EXPRESS 2008
Dear Mr. Burt Hermey
On February 16th my husband and I and two very close friends boarded the Silver Solarium not knowing what to expect. From the time we were helped aboard by yourself, Bill Parks, and Clifford and we saw the linen tablecloths, fresh cut flowers and the fine appointments of the car we knew we were in for a special experience.
The staff, George the steward, Clifford and William the servers were outstanding. They never let us want for anything. Bill Parks answered all our questions in depth and with great eloquence. We all were in awe of Jeffery the chef. To put out such delicious and beautifully presented food while working in such a small area is truly amazing. And, of course, kudos to the dishwasher!
The four of us would like to thank you so much for this wonderful experience. Without your hard work, time and money this car probably would have ended up in a museum somewhere with people just imagining what it would be like to travel on one. But thanks to you we know first hand what it is like. Be assured that you will be seeing the four of us again in the future.
With sincere thanks,
Art and Terry Gray
Bob and Susie Nicholas
- December 1, 2007
via e mail
That was a GREAT trip! But really sad to see the "remains" at Rio Gallegos
- November 29, 2007
via e mail
Subject: Great Argentinian Rail Adventure
Many thanks for the Argentinian Rail Adventure-a truely magnificent holiday, which I thoroughly enjoyed. The tour
manager Miryam was excellent, especially as she had quite a number of difficult people do deal with, as well as the usual S. Americdan administrative nightmares, all of which she handled admirably. The whole adventure was set in magnificent scenery, and the trains were really intresting too. A brilliant holiday all-round
- November 18, 2007
via e mail
Subject: Argentina Tour
Just to let you know that the tour went extremely well and everyone enjoyed it.
- November 18, 2007
via e mail
Subject: Great Argentinian Rail Adventure
Our thanks for running a wonderful railroad tour to Argentina-Chile-Paraguay-Uruguay in October -November 2007. Wow, the weather could not have been better and your guides really know how to perform some fabulous photo run-bys that was enjoyed by all. You folks really do know how to present a first class railroad tour. This was our first tour with your company and we are very impressed and now eager to book another one for 2008. Keep up the good work.
- November 17, 2007
via e mail
(Parts of the e mail)
This is just a brief note to fill you in a bit on the Patagonia steam trip. First, we all had a great time. The trip was up to the usual excellence we have experienced on your programs. We were able to get a good cross section of railfans and tourist which was very helful for our segment. We met some really great people along the way. Dale & Miryam and John did a great job in dealing with the unexpected and were well prepared, knowledgeable and helful to all concerned.
One of these days, Chris, I am hopeful that Barb and I can do one of these as just plain old tourists, and I won't have to worry about a crew, video material, or anything other than enjoying the moment. Thanks for your help. It was quite a wonderful experience for all of us.
- November 15, 2007
Via e mail
Below are parts of that e mail
Two weeks with Trains Unlimited, Tours in Argentina were very enjoyable. I got lots of cab rides. Norma also enjoyed the itinerary because it allowed her some time to do ordinary tourist things as well as ride the railways. Our hotels were very comfortable. We would like to express our special appreciation to Dale and Miryam for planning and leading a very successful tour and to John for very ably assisting Dale and Miryam. All gave 110% effort in making the tour work and resolving issues along the way.
Peter & Norma
- November 12, 2007
To the TUT Staff:
I just returned from your Great Argentinian Rail Adventure and I must say, you folks put on a spectacular show. It was every bit a wonderful adventure traveling with TUT that we would never have had on our own. South America is an exciting and great place the for railfan and being able to bring my wife and have her enjoy it too was pleasant. We loved every minute of it. Looking forward to next year with another tour adventure . Our hats are off to you and your guides. Keep up the good work.
- October 1, 2007
Just returned from Southern Colorado where I had the RARE opportunity to participate in all
five days of the La Veta 1744 & Rio Grande 315 events. Truly amazing opportunities. I must
give great accolades to Ron Burkhard, Jay Lentzner and Arnie Strum for ALL their efforts in
providing wonderful photographic/video opportunities. They were very flexible and each
day provided many opportunities. I was also impressed with the enthusiasm of the crews
operating 1744 & 315 plus the two railroads involved. All in all and including some open
time between events I was able to see SEVEN different operating steam engines operating
over this time with the very rare opportunity of seeing three steam trains in the same "frame"
when the 315 was waiting on a wye for the D & S "double-head" service train to come by.
The D & S crews were extremely helpful in creeping by and in some instances even stopping
their trains for exceptional photographic opportunities. All in all, my expectations were
exceeded and I consider myself extremely fortunate to have been part of these RARE
Thanks again to Ron, Jay and Arnie for all their enthusiasm, flexibility and hard work in
making this such a wonderful and memorable experience.
- September 4, 2007
I just returned from a Pacific Railroad Society trip that joined your "Domes to Feather River Railroad Days" trip in Emeryville.
I have never been on a Trains Unlimited tour before, and was unprepared for the amazing excellence of every aspect. Of course, one cannot say enough good things about the Silver Solarium/Lariat/Rapids, but the crew themselves-the attendants and chefs-really stole the show. I would nominate Bill Parks as the tour director for just about any tour I can imagine, and really appreciated his calm competence and attention to every detail. That you folks, unlike most other trips I' ve taken, bundle food and drink into the tour price itself rather than charging by the drink, leaves the experience so pleasant and relaxed, without the frantic bother that collecting bills and making change throws into the mix. I know I' m going to join you folks many times in the future, and pine that I took so long to find out how good you are. Our thanks to everybody who was involved in that trip, and we shall see you again and again. I vow.
Santa Monica, CA
- June 26, 2007
A note of thanks for allowing me to join your WP&Y tour. The trip was fantastic, and my first look at Alaska and the WP&Y were tremendous. George and Ron did a magnificent job with the passengers. George has a wonderful , pleasant but firm way about him. He's a good man.
Jim Wrinn, Editor
- Dear Chris,
What a wonderful trip to New Zealand!!. I have to admit at having some doubts beforehand, but in the event it far exceeded my best expectations. The roster of steam locomotives put out by "Mainline Steam" were exceptional and the arrangements for the railtour itself seemed to go without a hitch. The opportunities for cab rides and photo runpasts on the mainlines of New Zealand are priviliges we can only dream about in the UK.
- November 9
Just a note to thank you for a wonderful time on the New Zealand Steam
Spectacular October 2006 from which we just returned.
Patricia & Andrew P
Hopewell Jct, NY
- November 11
Rel 2006 New Engtland Fall tour
My wife and I would like to thank both of you for the great trip to New
England last month. Despite the Amtrak problems and several people who
thought they were better tour directors, we really enjoyed ourselves. The
dinner at Gloucester and the covered bridge tour were great additions.
Bob & Carol M
- November 14
Wanted to add my thoughts about the New Zealand Steam adventure-WOW!! What
fun that was-steam trains all the way down both islands, steam engines in
the belly of the ferry boat!! People followed us everywhere, we were met by
Brass Bands, Bagpipe Band, Mayor in full regalia (fur, etc). Hee hee!!
Can't say enough nice things about Mainline Steam -the engines were just
wonderful, arrangements worked, all went very well-thanks to Michael Tolich,
and of course a wonderful job done by Miryam and Dale, as always. FUN
- November 5, 2006
Just returned from the New Zealand tour. Yet again an excellent trip, with praise going to Mainline Steam Tour for their superb arrangements of both steam locomotives and travel/accommodation. It was a delight to meet Miryam and Dale Brown again, and as usual they both made sure everyone had a good time.
- October 31, 2006
Just returned from the three week steam adventure down in New Zealand. It
was a resounding success in every way. Lots of different steam along the
way and the double-headers along the way were wonderful. The steam boat
trip around the lake at Queenstown was also very unusual. Dale & Miryam did
a very good job as did Main Line Steam. Very well worth going and worth
returning again. Thanks again for the opportunity of a life time.
- October 30, 2006
I arrived back home late Saturday night after a truly excellent and
enjoyable New Zealand Steam Spectacular. The tour went extremely well and
the locomotives were on their best behavior. It was great having several
different locomotive classes. Accommodation ranged from good to excellent
and the food was very good. All in all, this was a great tour. Looking
forward to future tours.
- March 20, 2006
I have been meaning to contact you since my return to the UK after the trip but things have been hectic. Well what can I say but "Thank You" for a very well orgnized trip, everything from the departure from Emeryville to the arrival back at Emeryville was just perfect, the food , the car and the great staff you have. A great trip and I hope to join you again.
- August 2, 2005
To: All of the TUT staff
My family and I rode your Pacific Northwest Express from Emeryville to Portland to attend the NRHS convention and we just wanted to tell you how much we all enjoyed the trip. It was a fantastic experience and we are ready to do it again. What a wonderful way to arrive in Portland for the NRHS convention. You guys are wonderful.
- August 16, 2005
Hello Chris & TUT staff:
My hat to off to you for pulling off one of the best passenger train excursions I have been on for many years. I enjoyed every minute of the three day excursion and enjoyed the NRHS Convention in Portland. Wow, between TUT and the NRHS you guys pulled off a once in a lifetime event. I am ready to do it again.
St. Louis, MO
- 5 December 2005
I wish to express my delight and satisfaction with the recent tour to Argentina and Chile. The itinerary
was perfectly balance and the arrangements went very smoothly. I thoroughly enjoyed every moment!
- December 11, 2006
Thank you for a fantastic tour in Argentina and Chile. It was really an adventure.
- December 10, 2005
Cindy and I thoroughly enjoyed the Patagonian Rail Adventure tour. The lodgings and meals were in almost every instance very good: we were well looked after. The airport transfers were efficient and most welcome. We enjoyed the company of our fellow passengers, they were friendly and most interesting group. Everything went very smoothly and we consider that our very capable tour leaders, Miryam and Dale did a fine job and added so mucy to our enjoyment.
Geoff and Cindy M
- December 10, 2005
Dear Chris or whoever:
I thoroughly enjoyed the recent trip with TUT to Argentina/Chile, but now I am contemplating next year.
- December 8, 2005
Hi Chris :
First, I gotta tell you that the March China trip was fantastic, everything about the trip was excellent, including rail activities, arrangements, accomodation, and food.
- Dear Sir or Madam:
While being over a month since the Rio Grande Photo Freight trip, I hope you will still accept this note of appreciation and thanks. I had wanted to take this particular trip for a number of years and finally had an opportunity. It was acertainly worth the wait. I have only positive opinions about the trip, the accommodations, the equipment, and the personnel. Photo stops were mostly well-planned and at great locations. The tour director, Ron Burkhard did a terrific job. He was polite, friendly, organized, up-beat, informative.
Huntington Beach, CA
- CONGRATULATIONS, CHRIS
Very pleased with the Patagonia program! All in all the journey was well worth its price. TUT and specially the guide service of Miryam and Dale Brown did do an excellent job. They always informed openly, clearly and always in all details and they treated us as very welcomed guiests. We would travel with TUT and Dale & Miryam again!!
- The Patagonia tour was excellent, from end to end. Thank you all very much .
- Hello TUT:
I just received your 2006 brochure and I am very eager to book with TUT again. I will be booking more than one tour for 2006. My first experience with TUT was on the Pacific Northwest Express to the NRHS convention in Portland, Oregon last July and I must tell you that this was one of the most fantastic excursions I have ever been on . I enjoyed ever bit of it and ready to do it again. My hat is off to TUT and all of their staff for a first class trip.
- New England Fall Colors Rail Adventure 2004
The trip was absolutely fantastic, and the entire touring gang helped make it so. There were
thirty different personalities, that had one thing in common, respect and appreciation for each other. Then there were the places where we lodged, special stops we made, not to mention the nicest and best bus driver to be found, oh yeah, there happened to be quite a super guide
by the name of Jim Bob. Wow! What a barrel of wonderful memories to reflect on for years to come.
Ellis & Jackie Ford
- Chris....Your 2005 brochure reminded us that we had not thanked the Browns for their fabulous leadership on an enjoyable but challenging travel adventure to Peru. One of our best trips! Hope you are doing well....and that we can travel with you again in the not-too-distant future.
Charles & Shirley Anderson
Red Wing, Mn
- Chris, Great Argentina trip! ....enjoyed it immensely. I was pleased with all of the hotels and particularly liked the food on our special diesel train, especially the steaks. The train crew people on both the diesel and steam trains were very friendly and helpful. All in all, an excellent trip.
- Thanks again for another wonderful experience in Argentina in 2004. I was particularly impressed by the catering arrangements on both trains, which functioned perfectly at whatever time we showed up. It was a real treat to sit in a proper dining car and be served real food and drinks-not some microwaved gloop or sandwich that now pass for train meals in most of Europe. The Hotel Sol del Sur in Esquel, Argentina excelled themselves by servicing breakfast for our early departure-rare indication of dedication to standards of service only seem to survive in the most unlikely locations. Once again the photographic results are excellent. I'm booked to give a few shows to local railfans on the 2003 Colorado trip this winter, and already have enquiries to follow up with Patagonia so will be spreading the word around. Look forward to another trip in the future.
- Good Morning...Just a quick note to thank you for oranizing such a great "Old Patagonian Express" tour in 2004. It met all of my objectives. I certainly appreciate the good work you have done for the past 21 years and look forward to joining you on future tours.
- Just wanted to again thank you again, Chris, for all the adventure, and for all the GUTS and COURAGE you have to have....plus lots of negotiating skills, etc for what you yourself have pulled off over the past 20 years for this crazy, crazy passion hobby so many of us have. I hope to be a customer of yours for years and years.
Working in China
- Dear Chris,
Thoughts on your recent Double Rio Grande Trips...Ron Burkhard did an excellent job. I'd go on a trip with him anytime! Happy customers are repeat customers. Thanks Chris for arranging two GREAT TRIPS!. Keep up the good work.
- Dear Chris , Back in Austria , let me say, that the Photo Freight and the Rio Grande Photo Special was a perfect trip. Ron Burkhard did a very good job. What a wonderful country! what wonderful trains!. Next year again.
- We just finished our "China Steam Spectacular" this morning. I was going to e mail you when I got home to say "Thanks" , it was an extraordinary fabulous tour. It passed my wildest
expectations and everyone else on the tour thought so too!
- I want to express my appreciation for the surperb job that both Dale and David did in sterring our group through the two week tour of China. It was a truly extraordinary experience and I look forward to other TUT trips in the future.
Walnut Creek, CA
- Hi Chris, We would just like to compliment you on a very well run tour. Chief Grump Dale and Cheerio Dave were Great!! The Chinese tour guides were brilliant and we will be recommending them and yourself to a friend of ours who owns a travel agency in Sydney, Australia.
Graham & Wendy Black
- I am now getting around to say, THANK YOU for a wonderful train adventure we had on the "Domes to Feather River Days". All of the employees really knew how to give us wonderful service. Congratulations to those of you who hire these helpful people.
Julie & Lauren Mercer
Menlo Park, Ca
- The train trip to Peru 2004 was a fabulous adventure!. Miryam and Dale were witty and entertaining, as usual. The impormptu, extra railcar excursion towards Huancavelica just whetted the appetite. A Great Western Railway water tank in the Andean highlands?! Such a photo stop! Many good modeling ideas with the switchbacks and the mainline through the large copper smelter. Loved it all!!
- We are still exited about the fantastic trip with your great car "Silver Solarium: to Sparks on the last weekend. Thanks again. I have a new hobby. Can you reserve 2 persons for Denver next year?
Wolfgang M. Leitenberger
- We just returned from the Domes to the Feather River trip and just had to write to say lthans for a fantasic weekend. The cars were all great, the crews staffing each car were fun as well as professional and being able to spend time with the car owners was really enlightening. We can't wait to see what's planned for next year.
Sun Valley, NV
- I want you to know that the tour to Peru was superb in every way. Dale and Miryam were great hosts/mangers.
- I cannot begin to tell you how much I enjoyed the Fall Colors Express from Los Angeles to Reno October 11-12, 2003. This trip was fantastic and awesome in every way. The guests on the tour were interesting and fun, and all your arrangements were excellent. One of the highlights was having Burt Bermey along. He is charming, bright and lots of fun, and his car (Silver Lariat) is outstanding-not to mention his staff and the marvelous meals they served. And the final highlight was your guide Dave Hanna. I enjoyed him and his wit, his knowledge of the area, and his many observations which were always "right-on".
- I just wanted to let you know how pleased I was with the Domes Down The Valley excursion that I took last Sunday April 13, 2003. This was my first tour experience with your company and I was most pleased with the thoroughness of the planning and travel documents package that I received as well as the excursion itself. The onboard service on the Silver Lariat was every bit as elegant and enjoyable as promised. The car rode beautifully. The food and beverage was even better than I had hoped. The lunch and dinner meals were of the highest quality and the food and service were exceptionally good. This was my first experience booking travel with your company, and I will not hesitate to book further railfan adventures with you or to recommend you to my friends. Thank you for a great railfan experience.
- I just returned from the March 2-17 Cuba trip and it was a wonderful experience. It turned out to be very well organized, with a good group and it exceeded my expectations. I managed to run seven different locomotives on the trip and doing that was a treat.
- Just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed the trip to Central America. It was very well run & worth the money. I will be looking forward to more trips with you in the future.
- May we say, we enjoyed the tour very much, and it fulfilled all of our expectations. We can highly recommend your New England tour.
- Once again your excellent organisation and attention to detail produced a truly memorable railroading experience-all the better for including Cuzco, Machu Picchu and Titicaca.
- This being my first railfan trip in 35 years it surpassed all my expectations. I think you did a great job and hope to travel with you again, soon.
- We just returned home from the Cariboo Steam Special in British Columbia-thank you for a wonderful trip. It was one of the best vacations that we've ever had and now we are hooked on train travel.
- Your Old Patagonian Express Adventure tour in Argentina was wonderjul! I hugely enjoyed myself.
- Again, just want to let you know that the Patagonia tour was fantastic. Had a great time.
- We do like to say "thank you very much" for your well-managed train trip on BC Rail. We enjoyed the excellent view along the line and delightful conversation with many American and Canadian rail enthusiasts.
- My wife and I enjoyed the Copper Conyon tour this past December, and would not hesitate to recommend your company in the future.
- I wanted to write to you about the December trip. In a word ganbusters! What a neat trip!
- Count me firmly in the "happy camper" column after the Copper Canyon trip.
- Please accept our overdue thanks for a splendid experience on The Old Patagonian Express Adventure in late October. The tour was extremely well planned and administered. You are a pro at this sort of thing. We felt the mix of railfan and tourist components was fitting.
- I have just got back from your August "Steam in the Andes" tour. It was spectacular beyond belief.
- A belated thank you , for the Trains Unlimited "Best of South American Trains" tour. It was easily the best value for the money tour that I have ever been on.
- Just wanted to mention that I had an excellent time on this year's Ecuador trip.
- Brief note to express my appreciation for a most interesting tour of South America. It was greater experience than I had anticipated.
- Wanted to let you know that this was the best trip I've ever been -thanks to you for your experience in these places-you did a supurb job!
- We took your "Mc Cloud Spectacular" and want to tell you what a great trip it was.
- I am writing to tell you how much I enjoyed the "Fall Colors Express". From the moment I boarded in Oakland and throughout the trip I felt I was more than simply a paying passenger. I felt I was a guest in someone's home.
- I just wanted to tell you that I thought the Ecuador trip was well organized , offered some excellent photo opportunities, and was fun, too.
- We are back in Switzerland-it was really the greatest thing in railroading I've ever done. Thank you very much for the well done organisation and for your engagement in railroading in South America.
- Wow! What a fantastic trip! Thanks so much for having me aboard for the experience of a life-time! Really!
- I am writing to thank you for organising and running what must be one of the best railfan trips in the world. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it and found the balance between railfanning and the cultural interests of Peru just right.
- From the first call to your agency when I was looking for information, through the next calls and letters, and throughout the trip, I want to say that you run a first class operation.
- I want to thank you again for making "Steam in the Andes" such a memorable trip. It was high adventure in every sense of the word.
- I just returned from your "Cuban Rail Historian Adventure" and want to give you and your firm very high marks for arranging such a comprehensive and interesting tour.
- We just got back the last of our photos from the July 2002 Ecuador/Peru trip and wanted to drop you a quick note to tell you again how very much we enjoyed the tour. Your company has a terrific ability to put together great train trips and the additional and equally important ability to come up with a plan to respond to the changing situations and schedules. We are able to have a incredible experience without any of the difficulties and hassels of trying to do any of it ourselves. You offer truly a unique and resourceful opportunities.
Bill & Pam White
- First, we would like to tell you what a wonderful time we had on the FALL COLORS EXPRESS 2002 tour a few weeks ago. It was our first such tour, and now that we know how it was worth every penny, you can rest assured it will not be our last!
- The trip to China was terrific!. Some comments.
GUIDES: Excellent. Your Chinese guide and your American guides were super.
TRAINS: Far better than I imagined, clean & comfortable.
PHOTO SITES: Excellent
FOOD: Overall very good to excellent.
OVERALL: Very good value for the sites visited. The Chinese railway personnel were almost universally hospitable and many were happy to invite us into their facilities. Access to locomotive servicing facilities exceeded my wildest expectations.
- The Cuba trip went very well for me. I liked the mixture of main line railroading, sugar mill visits and cultural events. Our guides were excellent, and have experts doing the planning is the edge that Trains Unlimited, Tours has over other groups doing Cuba tours. Look for me to join future TUT tours.
- I' ve been meaning to write ever since I got home to say how terrific I thought the White Pass & Yukon Steam Spectacular trip was. Everything about it was first-rate, and I' m surely pleased with my slides. Great photo set-ups!
- I wanted to say how much I enjoyed the trip to Alaska. The itinerary was perfectly balanced to satify most needs, and provided the ideal opportunity to experience not only the railroads, but also see the magnificent scenery of this remotest of states. It was also a delight to meet so many Alaskan railfans, particularly in Fairbanks and Wasilla. The evenings spent at the Pioneer Park and with Marty Quass model railroad were inspirational! I very much hope to join you on some future trips.
- Chris Skow
May 21, 2006
I thoroughly enjoyed every mile of the Emeryville-Denver excursion last October. The trip lived up to my expectations in every way. YOUR TRIP WAS TOPS. (Itinerary, accommodations, food-the works)
- May 31, 2006
We thoroughly enjoyed the LAST STEAM IN CHINA tour and found Dale to be a very good guide which helped make the tour.
- May 24, 2006
Just returned from "The Last Chinese Steam trip"...Our American guide Dale Brown and the primary Chinese guide, Mrs Lo were excellent and very accomodating. All in all, chris, the trip exceeded my expectations in every respect. Trains Unlimited ONCE AGAIN provided a very enjoyable adventure and unique combination of opportunities.